Over a year ago we closed our studio to gathering and began teaching on Zoom. While we've all experienced the ups and downs of virtual classes, we're happy to say that it has provided a way for our community to remain connected and active during this unpredictable pandemic year. Moreover, we've been grateful to dance with you!
Now, thankfully, the world is opening up a bit more. Washington state has entered Phase 3 which, among other things, means "fitness and training establishments can operate at a maximum of 50% capacity."
With that in mind, we are happy to announce that as of April 18, we will begin welcoming up to three additional people into the studio to join us for our Nia classes. All other offerings, including Awareness Through Movement and special events will continue to be held on Zoom only for the time being.
We recognize that is a very conservative number. However, at Move2Center Studio we have always operated with an abundance of caution and will continue to do so as the pandemic's status evolves and hope to increase that number as it wanes. (Click here to read the latest guidance from the CDC.)
Until then we are asking people who wish to join us in person to adhere to certain guidelines.
1. Masks will be required for all in-studio dancers. As of today Ann and Alyssa are vaccinated. Mel is not...yet. She'll be doing her absolute best to get immunized as soon as the window opens to all adults. Until then be prepared to dance with a mask. This is to protect you and your instructor, who will not be wearing a mask while teaching.
Mel has tried out a few while dancing at Level 3 and can recommend the sport masks Adidas makes as well as the ExerMask Cardio by Happi Mask.
2. Please give us at least 1 day of advance notice if you intend to come in. Make your reservations as usual, but if you want to come in please send us an email at email@example.com and let us know you're coming. Remember: we'll have three slots per class. So don't delay...and please be certain that you're coming if you request a reserved slot.
3. If you have signed up, please arrive no later than 10 minutes before class. We will be locking the studio door five minutes before class begins and we will not be able to let you in afterward.
4. If you have to cancel please let us know as soon as you can. For those who sign up for an in-person 8:15am class, if you need to cancel please let us know by 8pm the night before. If you need to cancel your in-person appearance at 6:30pm please let us know by 1pm that same day.
5. Please bring your own towel, water bottle and yoga mat to the studio to use during class. We'll still have a water pitcher on site as well as single-use cups and disinfectant wipes, but to reduce the amount of contact with surfaces we are asking folks to please bring their own bottles, mats, rollers, etc. with them if possible.
6. If you are feeling ill or out of sorts at all, please stay home. Remember, we're still conducting classes over Zoom so even if you want to move a little, you'll be keeping everybody safe if you dance at a (Zoom) distance.
Otherwise the same rules apply: If you need a new pass, please buy it online. (You can do that here.) As much as we can let's continue to observe social distancing roles of six feet or more. And please wash your hands once you arrive at the studio.
Ready to dance with us, online or in-person? Make your reservation (again, in-person starts April 18) then email us! Either way, see you soon.
Where our instructors share information and observations about what's going on at Move2Center Studio!